Saturday, December 25, 2010

4-Month Pit Stop

Let's see...

Right, we left off with a brief, yet memorable overview of my year abroad.

June 3, 2008 was a sad day. I boarded the El Al flight that took me home. Yes, I was happy to see my parents and have my big bed back yet, for the first time in my life I had been on my own and survived. Granted there were supervisors in every city I lived in to check in with all of us Young Judaean's,  I still had to learn to create a home and a family every time I moved.

I was only home for a brief period of time. In August I packed my bags yet again and flew out to Maryland with my mom and dad. They were going to move me into my new dorm at McDaniel College. I had been accepted there prior to Year Course and thought it was going to be my new home. The moment we landed in Baltimore I knew I had made a mistake-- a big mistake costing more than $25 thousand. Well, after the silent treatment, a water works show and some yelling matches I thought I knew that I was going to make myself suffer one semester and leave.

Turns out that I can't hold a grudge for too long. I did leave after that fall semester, but I took away some valuable friendships I cherish to this day. In fact, although I knew McDaniel wasn't right for me, saying good bye to my friends was more painful than I had imagined. (And a side note to boost my self-confidence, I left McDaniel with a 3.8 GPA!)

What's more? The people who really kept me strong (aside from my dad) were two of my best friends...

That will be important later, so don't forget!

Colleges That Change Lives: 40 Schools That Will Change the Way You Think About Colleges  -----> For those of you who want to check out the type of college McDaniel is! It caters really well to each individual student. Just wasn't where I wanted my home to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment