Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Today is here and there is no escaping it. I remember a time when I hated this holiday. I never got to walk around my school's hall with a teddy bear and box of flowers. I wanted to pretend to be embarrassed by all the cards and balloons, but no such luck. Therefore, I hated Valentine's Day.



My, my, my how things have changed. Being in love...
can do that to you. But first, my love for this holiday did change before I was in a loving and committed relationship. It changed in 8th grade when my best friend (who I had met only five months prior to February 14) and I decided to be each other's Valentine. It lasted until our senior year of high school.

This year has been a fun year to plan. It started off with a one day wine tour in Temecula. It was beautiful and fun! We toured three wineries in a bright yellow jeep where we had six tastings at each place. At the first winery, I tried a red port! Mmmmmmmm. Talk about tasty! The day was beautiful too!

For lunch, Brit and I shared a margarita pizza and a pear and gorgonzola salad with spinach leaves. We bought a beautiful bottle of Mascart white wine with a box of dark chocolate squares. It all just melted in your mouth. The barrel room we saw was dark and romantic. The whole package was perfect.

Next on our list of Valentine activities was a family adventure out to Burbank where we saw Cavalia. Imagine cirque du soleil with horses. I sat at the edge of my seat with my jaw open. It was spectacular. It was held in a castle-like tent and the horses were magical.




Finally, our fun runs out today with a nice dinner and movie date. Tonight will be fun! But before we get to tonight, yesterday Brit and I exchanged gifts. I gave her a 12 month calendar using photos of me from a photo shoot. She was in shock. (A nice ego boost for me!) She took me to Lake Balboa for a sushi lunch picnic. Another beautiful day of perfect weather.

Valentine's Day is here again and I couldn't be happier. Be mine forever Brit!



Valentine's DayLove Bug Chocolate and Candy Bouquet - A Great Valentines Day Gift!BoldLoft "From My Heart to Yours" Couple Pillowcases-Romantic Valentine's Day Gifts for Couples, Cute Valentines Gifts for Him or Her, Romantic Anniversary Gifts


No comments:

Post a Comment