Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Novel Project

Every now and again I overhear people discussing potential projects they want to take on. They feel as though they need to begin something new and completely separate from their every day schedule and life to make life more meaningful...
Or something like that.

I have had a project in my mind for almost a year now. I keep telling myself I will not only start it soon, but that I will have it complete by June 2012. However, the advantage I have is that I will be completing this project with a group. Landmark Education's Team Management and Leadership Program (better known as TMLP or Team) will be my backbone and support.

Landmark is an education that provides its participants with tools and techniques to live an extraordinary life. Somewhere along the road an incident occurs where life begins to control us and our actions. What a lame and totally uninviting reality to live into. Our other big problem? We let our past dictate our future, something that does not exist. Landmark helps you work through all that and opens the opportunity to become the author to your own life again.


Anyways, I am a Landmark alumni. I completed the course when I was 9, then again at 16 and then again at 19. I have also taken two of their seminars, completed the Curriculum for Living and completed the Communication Curriculum. June 3, 2011 will begin my first official day into Team.

One of the biggest advantages of taking Team is being able to create a project that is both manageable and feasible to complete within the year. My project? To write a book, hence a novel project. I have two book ideas in my head and I am eager to start.



My book ideas are meant to have a purpose and create a global phenomena where people are no longer judged by titles, labels, race or gender. One book creation is meant to bring peace and serenity to the world. The other, a more fun and playful read, is meant to create wisdom and healthy steps for children, parents and nannies to grow together.

No more war. No more ignorance.

I encourage you to sit down in a quiet space. Take out a timer and give yourself 3 minutes. Take out a piece of paper and pen and don't stop writing. Write as many ideas as you have for projects, a bucket list, etc. At the end of the 3 minutes, look over your list and choose your favorite. Start your project today. Tomorrow is never guaranteed and all we have to live for is right now.



Share with me your project ideas, hurdles and obstacles, helpful hints and ideas and your overall journey with your project.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment