Monday, April 25, 2011

M.I.A.

Me     In     Action

Made by Sydney Grossman


Yes, that's right. It has been a while since my last blog post (hence me now being in action) and it's time to have a catch up post.

I don't know where to begin and I am worried that all I want to share will wind up sounding scatterbrained.  Hopefully, I will keep my paragraphs short and to the point.  So grab your glasses, cozy up with your comfort drink...
and read along!


CSUN: When I was accepted several months ago, everything changed.  I not only was excited to be going to a 4-year university, but I realized how much I love learning, education and my classes. I became aware of how in touch I have been with my studies.  I quickly began to realize that I have had the very good fortune of being in classes at Pierce College with some extraordinary professors. No joke. It's because of 3 people that I am where I am today scholastically. Because of them, I have chosen to aim to get my doctorate in English. My dream is to write novels that will affect parents, children, students, teachers, politicians, etc in making our world a better place. I want to expand horizons, broaden perspectives and opinions and create a world that lives in peace. Now going back to my excitement about CSUN— I have registered my last lower division general education class for the summer, I have chosen my major and minor, I have had my advisement meeting with my advisor and I am underway with planning the classes I need for the fall semester. Folks, I am ready to take on my classes and I am aiming to graduate in May. Ahh!





WEIGHT LOSS: When I first started my journey almost four months ago, I didn't expect to see results so fast. I knew that it would be good for my overall health to start working out with a trainer four times a week and be conscience about what I am eating, but I figured that I would need a year to see results and change. NOPE! What I have learned, is the number on the scale is not as significant as we (society) makes it to be. How do you feel in your body? How are you enjoying the way your clothes fit and look on you? That is what matters. Furthermore, with four months into my training and nutrition, I have lost 16 pounds and I have gained a toned and muscle-y body. Cheers!



LOVE: What's a blog post about being in action and happy without a note regarding love? Could my relationship be any better? April 13 marked the two year anniversary of my relationship with my girlfriend. Really unaware that so much time has gone by, I couldn't be happier. We are healthy, young and happy. We are committed, funny and still cutesy-romantically-mushy in love with each other.  We have vacations planned, birthdays to celebrate and our relationship to each others families are stronger than ever. I love...love. And, I love Brit. Kisses!



PIERCE: Last, but certainly not least, my right now. I have made Dean's List for last semester and will make it again this semester. Besides my academic struggles my whole life, what I learned about making Dean's list is that it goes on my permanent academic record. I have worked so hard, struggles and jumped over obstacles and have failed so many times with school. With having to overcome a learning disability, I have paved my way to a successful scholastic future. It's very exciting to be self-motivated, self-encouraged and proud of myself in where I am now and where I am headed. Hallelujah! 






    That's all for now folks. I look forward to and hope you comment and tell me what has been exciting and good in your life. Everything counts. Nothing is too small to be acknowledged. Plus, once you start your list, you'll notice how quickly it grows. Just by putting in the universe all you have accomplished, will cause you to be even more in action and encourage you to live a life you love. 

    1 comment:

    1. sydney my love, you are an inspiration to me! Whenever I read your posts they always brighten up my day and make me believe that everything and anything is possible.

      I miss you much and hope to see you soon!

      xoxo

      Bex

      ReplyDelete